Just days after Steve held our Sarah after his concert, we learned that he returned home... We are deeply saddened to just learn the tragic news tonight that:
"Steven Curtis Chapman’s youngest child died Wednesday afternoon after being struck by a car driven by her teenage brother in the driveway of the family’s Williamson County home. Maria, one of the Christian singer’s six children, was taken by LifeFlight to Vanderbilt Hospital, which confirmed the death, according to Laura McPherson, a spokeswoman for the Tennessee Highway Patrol" (http://www.tennessean.com).
Our whole family grieves with the Chapman family in this time of severe loss, and our deepest prayers are lifting you up to the heart of our Lord Jesus Christ. We call for the Christian community of faithful believers to pray and fast for the Chapman family...

5 comments:

Keri said...

I wept when I heard earlier tonight. This is such a tragedy. We are praying for the Chapman's.

Keri

Anonymous said...

I cant describe the sadness in my heart for this family. Praying....

Lexie said...

Whenever i heard this, this morning i just couldn't believe it. My heart especially aches for the older brother who accidently hit her...i can't imagine.

Holly said...

I feel so upset for this family. I cannot imagine what they are going through right now. I will continue to keep them in my prayers.

Heather said...

My heart is breaking for them all. I hope they are able to find some peace and hope during this dark time.