"Because Jesus is the Bread of Life, He will provide all my needs."

We found our calendar from 2004 and looked up June. The above picture is what it was (of course, without Sarah's baby picture overlay), and just how fitting is that? June 11, 2004 is a day I will always remember, even though at the time I had no idea about Sarah. That was the day that we gave away all of our baby items from me and my sisters. All through the years we had been holding onto them since my mom's dream had always been to adopt a little girl from China, but finally that very day, we gave it up. Little did we know that this was the very same day that on the other side of the world a little baby had just come into the world and we were her family!
And now, three years later, here we are, with Sarah Lu, and tomorrow she will celebrate her third birthday in years, but first in celebration.
We love you Sarah Evangeline LuHua and Happy early 3rd Birthday my mei mei!!

11 comments:

Holly said...

Hi! I'm Holly and I came across your blog. I also have a little sister from China named Grace. You sister is adorable!! Feel free to stop by my blog too!

www.hollysmeimei.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Happy early 3rd birthday, Sarah Lu! We love you so much and are so happy that you get to spend your 3rd birthday with your family!

Oh and of course... happy early 6 month gotcha day, too:) Has it really been 6 months?!

What a special day tomorrow will be... 3rd birthday and 6 month gotcha!

Nikki said...

Aww, that is so sweet. Happy early 3rd birthday Sarah Lu! What a sweet picture that is. I watched the video linked on your sidebar about when you went to the orphanage to get her and it was so touching! What a great way to show her how she came into your lives.
-Nikki

Annie said...

Happy Third birthday Sarah Lu!

Ally, big sister to Lillyana said...

Happy early 3rd birthday sweet girl! Have a great one!

Erica said...

Happy Birthday Sarah Lu! Julie is behind you by a week and a day. You are both getting to be such "big girls!"

Emmie said...

Happy Early 3rd Birhtday Sarah Lu! You're such a cutie! :)

Lindsey said...

Happy 3rd Birthday Sarah Lu!!!!!! What an extra special birthday, your first with your forever family and 6 months gotcha..YAY for you =)Me and Chloe hope you have a great one fit for a princess!

Lexie said...

Happy 3rd bithday Sarah Lu!
Lexie

Russ & Becki Carlson said...

Happy Birthday Sarah Lu! And, happy 6 month gotcha! Can you believe how fast time flies??
Love, Addison's mommy (Becki)

Susy Q said...

Hi!

Just wanted to let you know that I LOVE reading the entries from your trip to get Sarah Lu!!!! I'm sure it was an adventure you will cherish forever. The pictures were especially amazing to see, and it makes me all the more excited to get our little girl!