December 11, 2007: One Year Gotcha!

December 11, 2006: Gotcha Day!

December 11, 2007: One Year Gotcha!

December 11, 2006: Gotcha Day!

Today is our ONE YEAR with Sarah Evangeline LuHua!
And what an amazing year it has been!! This year has been filled with learning how to be a big sister, new adventures together, and lots of love! I cannot even imagine life without Sarah Lu!
HERE is what I wrote on Gotcha Day in China.
HERE are the photos of Gotcha Day.

It is amazing how much in one year you can change! When we got Sarah, she was 29 lbs, 35 inches tall and wore a size 24 months or 2T. Now, she is 35 lbs and 40 inches tall and wears sizes 3T and 4T. In the past year she has gained 6 lbs and grown 5 inches! Above are photos comparing December 11, 2007 with December 11, 2006... What a change!
HERE are the photos of Sarah and I from the 11th of each month this past year.

We had a little celebration of one year tonight. Chrissy and I made her cake with a panda (she adores pandas right now!) She loved her cake, and especially blowing out all the candles. It was a very fun celebration of one year!


Earlier this year I wrote about our Gotcha Day:
"Remembering Gotcha Day..."

Also, in February, we completed Sarah's adoption movie, "Sarah's Story"


I love you my Sarah LuLu! Thank you for this year of you!! I am so thankful that you are my little sister, forever! Happy 1 year together mei mei!!

4 comments:

Holly said...

Happy 1 year gotcha Sarah! Wow time goes by so fast! We will be approaching our 1 year gotcha soon too! Sarah Lu has grown and changed so much in just one year. She is so cute! I hope your mom is feeling better. I'll keep her in my prayers.

Nikki said...

What a special day... and a special little girl! Happy 1year gotcha!
Nikki

The Stevens said...

Happy Gotcha Day!!! What an angel Sarah Lu is!!!!

CNA said...

WOW! I can't believe its already been a year!!! Happy 1 year gotcha Sarah!! She's gotten so big!!!

*Caitie*