"Dear Jesus Lord, Help this food. Help this food to make us big and strong."


"Jesus Lord, Help Chrissy."

"I'm not eating that!"

"Now one dog has to 'peat after me." (repeat)

"Excuse me! Yashi, you talked to Mommy for a little bit, now you shut up."
Update: Please note that Sarah DOESN'T say "shut up", that is why it struck us all with shock (ok, and maybe I thought it was a little funny, but I definitely didn't let Sarah know that!). "Shut up" is one of those words my mom does not like. I'm probably to blame for what she said. Sarah was told not to say that and she understands that it is not a nice thing to say. I have not heard her say it since. I have to watch myself though, because a little one will always hear and repeat what she hears her big sister say! (yikes)

"Pray! Pray, Yashi!"

Sarah: "Rachael, are we going to do something today? Something fun?"
Rachael: "Well, I need to go to the bank..."
Sarah: (sighs, and dramatically sinks to the floor) "But why? The bank is SOOOOO BOOORRING, Rachael!!!!" (rolls eyes, more sighing, slight disappointed, "are-you-kidding-me" look on her face).

Later, when she heard us talking about it...
Sarah: "Well, I helped you. It was boring. I said boring. But you shouldn't go to the bank without a helper!" (said in a tone of voice that would make you think she was a martyr.)

Dad: "Should we go to Staples?"
Sarah: "No Dad. That's BORING!"
Dad: "Well... Maybe Farm and Fleet or Menard's?"
Sarah: "Dad, us two (referring to herself and Rachael) We don't like those stores."
Sarah looks to Rachael and says, "Rachael, are they boring?"
Rachael: "Yep. Yep, Sarah. They're pretty boring."
Sarah looks at Dad and says, "Yeah Dad, They is boring!"

I was throwing a ball for our dog, Lilly, and Sarah comes along and wants to do it. I usually don't let Sarah throw the ball and play tug with Lilly because she is still a puppy (1 year old) and is 3/4 Lab, 1/4 Border Collie, so needless to say, she is very excitable and hyper. Anyway, I threw the ball for Lilly, and Sarah ran up and grabbed it. Sarah knows that usually I don't like her doing that, so she says to me: "Don't worry, I know I can handle this. Please trust me."

7 comments:

The Stevens said...

Miss Sassy!!! Keep it up Sarah LU!!I love it when tots are so honest and blunt!!! My 3 1/2 year old niece told my sister the other day after she got in trouble for locking her big sister outside, "Build a bridge and get over it"...needless to say she was in trouble for the rest of the day!!!! LOL...Sarah Lu your my hero!!!

Anonymous said...

Ahahaha. I love Sarah. She's so perfect. We had the best phone conversation tonight to about candy canes and why we're cool. :) BFFAE's.

Anonymous said...

She says shut up? Hm.

Nikki said...

Hehehe, she is SO funny!

CNA said...

hahaha! I couldn't help laughing at a few of these. She is so adorable! I'm going to have to watch how I talk too, when our Sarah comes home! =D 16 more days!!! 16, Staci!!! Okay, thats when Mom and Dad leave for China, 33 until I meet her!!! =D I'm so giddy and excited!!!!!!! =D I can't wait until you can meet her! I CAN"T wait to meet her!!! =D

*Caitie*

Lexie said...

Aww!!!! These are all so HILARIOUS!!! I especially love the last one! So cute.

Melanie said...

I came to check your blog and oh my I laughed with those quotes, My favourite one is the "bank" chat. hahahaha
She's great!!