Today was our Beijing touring, on our itinerary it said we were going to have 2 days for sightseeing, but it was all changed around and the other families in our group are even leaving for their child's provinces tomorrow evening! We do not because LangFang is only about 45 minutes from Beijing...We will drive there Monday morning very early, and then we will finally get Sarah Lu! Anyway, first we went to Tienanmen Square and The Forbidden City... It was fun, also very long though, we didn't leave until almost noon and we got there at 8:30... a lot of walking... You know how the Forbidden City is supposed to have like 999 rooms in it? Well, I am pretty sure we saw them all! :)
Then we went out to lunch... pretty good... I didn't eat the authentic food though (after 2 days of VERY authentic meals, I LOVE the m&ms I am eating right now!!)... I ate rice and vegetables. After lunch we went to the Great Wall! (Badaling). It was really fun, but I got really scared at one point because we went SO high up and the wind was SO strong...I was gripping the handle thing soooo hard! lol It was FREEZING up there too!! We got this really cool group picture! When we got there, they had us all stand(or sit) in a group and we got a group pic...then we had the option of buying it or not...it reminded us of the picture things before you go on the boat trips and stuff... they are really cool...it is a big photo and it comes in a book like thing...and it was only 50 rmb! After we left the Great Wall, we went all the way back to Beijing for the duck dinner...I ate rice and vegetables again...I guess I am not very "adventerous"! I also had a piece of really good cake...It was one of the mom's birthdays, so they surprised her with a cake at dinner...It was really good, it even had fruit in it! :)
After dinner, we went back to the hotel. One of our guides, Maggie, had sung a Chinese lullaby earlier in the day for us and when we got back, she sung it again for us! It is very pretty and we recorded it so that we can play it to Sarah Lu!!
Early Monday morning we will get Sarah Lu! I can't wait, I am finally going to be a big sister!!

No comments: