The entrance to the Guangzhou Zoo
Sarah and Emma
Awww, how sweet!
Friends Forever!
Sarah Lu watching the bear
The Hippos at the zoo
"Look at the fish!"~ Sarah and Emma
The Guangzhou Zoo...
Me and "my" chimpanzee!

Most of our group left early this morning except for us, one other family and our guide Rosa. We decided to visit the Guangzhou Zoo this afternoon. That was very fun! Different from zoos in the states though. It was Sarah Lu's very first time to the zoo and I think she liked it for the most part. She was scared of a few of the animals, but she had fun, especially since she was with Rosa! We saw a lot there; we got to see the monkeys, birds, bears, fish, and the deer/gazelle/zebras. We tried to see the Panda, but I guess the zoo only has one and it was not outside so we did not get to see it... We were all really sad because we were so looking forward to seeing a Panda for the first time!
We also got to go to this "Dinosaur World" at the zoo. It had big dinosaurs that moved, made noise, and some lit up. I think Sarah was pretty scared of it... no surprise there though, when they turned on all of a sudden, they freaked me out too! Too funny!! Now, for one of the most exciting things ever, I held a Chimpanzee today! At the zoo they have a "Take Pictures with Animals" part and I was just standing by the side watching and all of a sudden, I had a Chimp in my arms, he just jumped right into them! They said I could get my picture taken with him for just 10 yuan (like 1 U.S. dollar), so I said yes! That was SO cool, I cannot believe I held a Chimp today! Wow, Wow, Wow! And he was SO sweet too... After we had our picture taken together, he gave me a kiss on the cheek!! So SWEET (and adorable)!
The zoo was so much fun and I am so glad we decided to go! After the zoo, we went to Lucy's (a restaurant) again. Sarah Lu had her first peanut butter and jelly (just like Ethan!) and I had pb&j too! I had been craving pb&j for the whole trip practically so I was so happy when I saw it on the menu! Sarah Lu ended up not really eating her's... she preferred the French fries and also just plain white rice... Interesting.
Ok, I will try to update again soon! Only two more days til we come home, and then just a few days til Christmas!
~Staci
(and Jonathan, Caroline, and Sarah Lu)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a gorgeous zoo, and "your" chimp is just darling, it's a really cute picture! So glad you got your pb&j!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had the best time ever! *hugs*

Anonymous said...

This is my first time on your blog. I wasn't able to get on at work and that is all I am doing these days! I'm so excited and happy for you and your family! We are all looking forward to welcoming Sarah to your family and our family.

Safe travel!

Love, Rita