This picture of Lu Hua was taken last Christmas. That was her second Christmas. Both of those years, our Christmas' were spent apart, this year she will be home for Christmas.

I am currently listening to a song that seems to fit this perfectly, Here are the lyrics:
There's a little girl trembling on a cold December morn
Crying for mama's arms
At an orphanage just outside a little China town
Where the forgotten are

But half a world away I hang the stockings by the fire
And dream about the day when I can finally call you mine

It's Christmas time again but you're not home
Your family is here and yet you're somewhere else alone
So tonight I pray that God will come and hold you in His arms
And tell you from my heart
I wish you Merry Christmas

As I hang the tinsel on the tree and watch the twinkling lights
I'm warmed by the fire's glow
Outside the children tumble in a wonderland of white
And make angels in the snow

But half a world away you try you best to fight the tears
And hope that Heaven's Angels come to carry you here

Christmas is the time we celebrate the Holy Child
And we celebrate His perfect gift of love
He came to Earth to give His life and prepare a place for us
So we could have a home with Him above

It's Christmas time again and now you're home
Your family is here so you will never be alone
So tonight before you go to sleep, I'll hold you in my arms
And tell you from my heart
I'll tell you from my heart
I wish you Merry Christmas


The song is by 'Third Day' and is on their new album, "Christmas Offerings"
(Thanks to Emily, who is in our travel group, who told us about this song )

2 comments:

Unknown said...

She is a doll! What a sweetie. Can't wait to see her NOW! Just a few more days. Can't wait to see you either. 6 more days till that :)

praying that fedex finds your package and you get it in time.

teresa woo said...

The lyrics are just beautiful! I remember the picture and we have more for you to take home.

Teresa